Thursday, July 27, 2006

Jim Williams: Weinstein excited about upheaval
PDF | Email
Jim Williams, The Examiner
Jul 27, 2006 5:00 AM (2 hrs 3 mins ago)
Current rank: # 2 of 4,416 articles

WASHINGTON - A doctor once told me two of the most stressful things a person can do is get married and change jobs.


Well, Bram Weinstein did both in the same month.

Bram left SportsTalk 980 WTEM and headed to Triple X ESPN just after returning from his honeymoon. Not exactly what the doctor ordered.

I spoke to Bram this week and am glad to report he is happy with both married life and his new job as Larry Michael’s partner on “Redskins Lunch,” weekdays from noon till 1 p.m. on Triple X ESPN (94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and 730 AM). Bram shared his thoughts on his new tact.


» On his new job: “First of all, leaving WTEM was the hardest thing I have ever done. I have many friends over there and they were very, very good to me. But the opportunity that Triple X ESPN gives me career wise was just something I could not pass up. Working with many of the people I know who came here from WTEM helps and then doing a show with Larry Michael has been great fun. He has been very helpful and generous and I really think that we are on our way to making a very good team.”


» On access to the Redskins: “That is our advantage over all the other radio, TV stations and newspapers in the market. We have unprecedented access to the team, the players and the front office. But that also means as a reporter I must be good enough at my job to use this access to break stories and to be out front with the information. Good or bad.”


» On his objectivity: “Much has been said — I feel unfairly — about Triple X ESPN and how we will cover the Redskins. Bennett Zier told me he wanted me to be the same type of reporter that I was when I was with WTEM. I plan on asking tough questions and sometimes I am sure that I will criticize the team. But I have no reason to feel that I will in any way be edited by the Triple X ESPN management.”


Bram will also be part of the Redskins pregame show and details will be announced here soon.

Jim Williams is a seven-time Emmy Award-winning TV producer, director and writer.

No comments: